Monday, February 28, 2011

..Veggie Soup.


..I've been craving this soup lately, so I thought I'd share with y'all how super easy and yummy this is to make! It's my favorite soup ever!
I got this recipe from my weight watchers guide, but switched it up a bit and added a few things of my own...and it's AMAZING!!!! Seriously, if you're a veggie lover...you'll love this veggie soup, and it's zero points on the weight watcher's system. Of course I'm not doing weight watchers anymore as I'm pregnant but I continue to eat healthy. And I could eat this soup everyday, for real!!
Here's what you'll need:

**Sorry but I don't really measure out my ingredients, I just add more of what I like and less of what I don't like. So, I'll give approximate measurements..also, go by the picture that I'll provide! :P

*6 c. of broth (I use chicken) you can use vegetable, beef, or anything else! (add more if you want it more watery/soupy)
*olive oil- 2 TBSP.
*2 carrots, cooked and peeled
*1 large yellow onion, diced
*4 tsp. garlic or four cloves of garlic
*1/2 of a cabbage, chopped (my favorite part of the soup!)
*1/2 pound frozen green beans
*2 TBSP. tomato paste (although I think I use close to a whole can, the small can)
*1 large zucchini, diced

-pour olive oil in pan, saute the onion, garlic, and carrots for about 5 minutes.
-Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil, this includes the broth.
-Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender.
-Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!

*I also add pepper and kosher salt. Sea salt, or regular salt will work well too. You can also add orengo, basil, or parsley.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers