(I look crabby in this picture, which I am...JJ couldn't figure out my camera and then dropped it, so I was getting frustrated!)
...Hey all!
Yes, I'm still alive! And still very pregnant! 39 weeks now, baby is due just about any day now..that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to make her debut though! I just would have thought with it being my 3rd baby, she'd be here by now! Well, I guess she's still putting on her final touches to look pretty and healthy for us, I don't want to interrupt that! :P
Although I had a VERY rough first 12 weeks with this pregnancy with hyperemesis and suffered majorly...ughhhh, I don't even want to look back on that. Anyways, besides that rough patch, this pregnancy has been wonderful...I know that may sound annoying to some of you, haha..because for most women pregnancy is complicated and ugly a lot of times..our body gets taken away from us, our hormones are whack, and we just don't feel like ourselves. I'll admit I've had those times but overall I have absolutely loved this pregnancy! I just feel great! During my pregnancies is when I'm my healthiest...mentally and physically! I've been so happy and just enjoying this time, although now I am becoming VERY impatient! Errrrrrrrrrr!
So, a little update on some stats...I started seeing my doctor weekly at 36 weeks, and then starting at 37 weeks is when she started checking my cervix for dilation and effacement and the baby's station. Well at 37 weeks I was almost 2cm dilated and 60% effaced...thought that was pretty darn good...so good that I thought I'd have a baby within that week..pssshhh, wishful thinking!
So, I go the next week, 38 weeks...she's got a student that's following her for a whole year, so that student has been in the room during my appointments which has never really been a big deal, until she stayed in the room while my doctor examined me....uhhhhh, I know she's training and she needs the experience...but my doctor never even asked if I felt comfortable with her present in the room..in which to be honest I did not....call me old fashioned or modest...but I don't like my lady parts showcased to an audience, ha! But whatever...I just brushed those feelings to the side and was ready to hear some good news about my progression....thinking I was gonna be about 3cm and almost completely effaced, no far from it! My doctor was in a rush, which it seems like she always is lately..I know she's the busiest and most "popular" doctor in our town, so she has a lot of other patients to see but I feel like I don't get enough information out of her...well, she said I'm 1cm and still pretty thick...seriously! So, the baby is heading back up out of my pelvic area now all of a sudden or what?! I don't know! I didn't ask about it, I was just depressed to hear that news! Booooooooooooo!
So...here I am at 39 weeks, trying EVERY natural remedy to get this baby girl OUT!
I mean, really trying a lot of a little of everything...hahaha, she just doesn't wanna budge...stubborn, like her daddy! That, and I guess she likes all the good food mama is feeding her in my belly! Oh, which by the way....my weight gain this pregnancy has been a total of 7 lbs. Yes, only 7 lbs! Which is so awesome! I'm very proud of that as well as my doctor! I've lost quite a bit of weight this pregnancy...mostly in the beginning. And as I mentioned above, my pregnancies are my healthiest times. I can tell my stomach as shrunk a great deal from being so sick in the beginning of my pregnancy, that I can barely eat half of my usual sized meals...plus, I'm not eating a whole lot of processed foods...our fridge is usually stocked with lots of fruits and veggies and foods that I actually have to cook, which sucks sometimes, but it's 10x healthier! :P
Hmmm...what else?! I think that's about it. I wish I would have stayed more updated on this blog about my pregnancy so family and friends could have followed along..but oh well! It's been kind of boring anyways, not a whole lot of excitement, just the usual. I won't make promises BUT I do plan to stay more updated with this once the baby comes, so I can keep everyone updated with her and her 2 sissies!
Also, I would REALLY appreciate it if y'all could send some labor dust this way! Seriously....if she doesn't come out this week...I'm putting my foot down and giving her an eviction notice! ha! What a stinker! But hopefully SOON I'll have an update with her arrival!!!!! Until then...

No comments:
Post a Comment