Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving





..Holidays mean a lot to me so I want to express my love and appreciation for time spent with family and friends on these special occasions.

I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year, as usual! Anytime my grandma cooks I make sure I am available! Mmmm!
Well, it didn't look like we would be having a Thanksgiving this year..I ended up having the flu for eight days...JJ had it for two days. So, to skip the nasty details of this illness...JJ and I woke up Thanksgiving morning and both asked each other "Are we going to make it today?" I said "yes! I feel great today, totally rejuvenated!" I really did..and he was feeling himself again also.
So I called up my grandma and said we were coming over, as much as our family wanted to see us..they were a little reluctant in having us over there and spreading our "disease!" ha!
Boy was I glad I made it over there..I ate my first meal in 8 days! It was heavenly...everything my grandma makes is homemade..turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, bread rolls, cranberry sauce, fruit salad, cole slaw, and then all the desserts and pies! DIVINE!
When my sisters and I get together, it usually consists with a photoshoot throughout the day, especially with my 13 year old sister..she enjoys stealing my camera and capturing the cutest moments of my girls! I sure do enjoy these moments.
After spending a couple hours there, we headed to JJ's side of the family at his Aunt's house. We just laid low, spent time catching up with one another. I did have to skip out on eating over there though, I just could not consume anymore!
Usually I'd make out a list of all the things I am thankful for but I've spent too much time on the computer today, my eyes aren't focusing like they should! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers