Wednesday, May 18, 2011

24 weeks..baby update!

...I'm slacking again! But I thought I'd give a little baby bump status update for y'all...just because I'm already 24 weeks and I haven't even posted a belly picture on here...what the heck!
So....about the pregnancy thus far....things are going absolutely wonderful! Compared to how bad it was in the beginning with the hyperemesis...I feel amazing most days! Some days I don't even feel pregnant, if I didn't have this big ole' belly and feeling her kicks...it'd be hard to feel pregnant!

My last Dr. appt went well..the Dr. was pleased with how well I've been doing, mostly because I'm gaining the perfect amount of weight, my blood pressure was good, nothing unusual....it's just going smoothly, which makes me so proud because I thought this pregnancy was going to be difficult the entire thing!
But to be honest, this is the healthiest I've been in awhile! Seriously, during my pregnancies is when I'm my best...which is good, but I'm really hoping I can continue with being this healthy afterwards, it'd definitely help to lose the weight, which by the way..I technically haven't even gained a pound...it's confusing...but at my last appt. I was up 4 lbs total for this pregnancy...but just yesterday I was down those 4 lbs...I was totally freaked out and called the nurse, unfortunately my Dr. wasn't in yesterday but I did talk to an OB doctor and he told me as long as I'm taking my prenatals, eating well, and not limiting nutrients that it's actually normal for me to not gain a whole lot or even to lose a couple pounds...because I'm not a tiny girl to begin with! I mean, it's a good feeling knowing I won't have a lot of pregnancy weight to lose...however, I do have a lot of weight to shed from pre pregnancy! I was on medicine for my anxiety for the last 2 years...which made me gain a little over 30lbs..just outrageous! Well, I stopped taking my medicine the beginning of my pregnancy...I think that's why I'm losing weight! I won't complain tho! :P

Baby girl was measuring over 2 weeks ahead at my last appt so I know she's in there growing like crazy, my Dr said if I'm still measuring this far ahead at my next appt I will have to go in for an ultrasound to figure out if she's just a big baby or if there's something else going on! I just think she's a big girl! I was feeling full term at like 15 weeks, hahaha! And right now I feel like she's already a 10 pounder...she's definitely going to be my biggest, my other two were tiny little things at birth....so it will be interesting to see how this baby girls turns out!!

Hmmm...what else is there.....I'm just proud with how well I'm doing health wise, it makes me feel good knowing I'm taking care of this little baby inside me but I'm also doing good for myself!

My Dr. is gonna call me back today and the nurse said she may want me to come in and get weighed/monitored and I may have to do that throughout the pregnancy if I'm losing or not gaining...so, fingers crossed that won't have to happen!
I ate a HUGE breakfast today, hoping that added a pound or two! :P

Until next time....


**Here's my 23 week baby bump, which isn't showing a whole lot with this dress on tho!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers