You make a mistake.
If you are not content with what you have,
you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.
Our house has been long overdue for some major cleaning, organizing, and re decorating. We are fastly outgrowing our house, with 4 people in this 2 bedroom it's really hard for it to always look nice...we just have soooo much junk!
And now with adding a 5th member, we are really getting into gear!
We got new living room furniture a couple weeks ago, which we needed sooooo bad, we had our other stuff for like 6 years and plus with two kids it really got worn out!
We had red furniture, which I loved at the time because not many people had it...but now it seems EVERY living room has it and I hate that, it's too trendy now!
So, my next favorite color for furniture...purple! I absolutely love it!!! It really motivated me to have nice furniture to get going on other projects that needed to be done! So...I started to re decorate a bit...I'm OBSESSED with buying junk, whether I need it or not...garage sales, or going to Target in throwing things in the cart I don't need! We had all this extra stuff just laying around because we had no room to hang it up or no room to put it on our book cases or shelves...but I took out some old stuff and brought out the new! I'm really starting to love our house again! Don't you ever just get sick of walking into the same house everyday, wanting change?!
I'm the type of person that likes to change up the decor often, I like to change my style!
For the longest time I liked the modern look but now I'm turning into liking the vintage/DIY look...a little bit rustic...IDK how to explain it, I think it's just kind of a little bit of everything, really!
After I got my house all prettied up the way I liked it, I got a lot of motivation/nesting to go through all the rooms and tossed soooooo much crap!
The girls bedroom is horrible! I HATE toys, well you know...the small crap, the Barbie accessories and all that! Ughhhhhh. We are CONSTANTLY going through their bedroom, throwing toys away but it all accumulates so fast, they're spoiled little girls...we usually don't buy them a whole lot of toys, it's their grandparents that do! :P
And now with their birthdays coming up this summer, I'm telling everyone NO toys!
I did our bedroom today and that's FULL of all of our clothes...it's horrible, I hate our bedroom...it's the worst room in the house, which it should be my favorite but it's far from it! Our girls constantly change their clothes throughout the day, playing dress up, and just getting tired of what they're wearing..I don't really know...a girl thing I suppose! So, we don't keep their clothes in their bedroom because I'm so sick of doing laundry and then not knowing what's clean or dirty because God forbid they put ONLY dirty clothes in their hampers..haha!
So...our bedroom is fully loaded with clothes...more then a normal person should have! If I get brave one day, I'll put up pictures! LOL.
I threw soooo many clothes away...yes, just threw them...I'm tired of storing stuff!
I just kept their good clothes to save for the next girl in line to wear them! Now with 3 girls we need to keep EVERYTHING, unfortunately I've learned the hard way by getting rid of everything in the past.
And our kitchen, well that was the most fun! haha! We just got a new fridge a couple days ago and a new dishwasher a couple months ago so our kitchen totally looks transformed, I love it! I just organized the cupboards and threw out expired food..there wasn't a whole lot to do in there!
I was outside for a bit today, doing some landscaping and setting out/filling up the bird houses and feeders, and raking our lawn which has so many dead patches from the girls play set and sandbox. Ughhhh, so now I need to figure out how to replant/seed some grass, shouldn't be too hard..right?! :P
Our next project...the garage. OMG. I'm not helping at all with that...it's too scary in there for me! I'll leave that to JJ! hahahaha! We have soooo much stuff out there I'm afraid to even open it! :/
***I'll update this post a little later, take pictures of our house and what not!
It's not 100% yet and I really don't feel like uploading pictures anyways! :P

No comments:
Post a Comment