
(My mom & two sisters. Sadly I don't have a recent picture of my mom & I..due to the fact that I'm always the one behind the camera.)
*I have learned a great deal from my mom over the years...through all the good times and the hardships we've endured together.
Having me at 17 years old, I can only imagine what my mom had to give up and sacrifice for me at such a young age. Having me while she was still in high school was tough but she knew she had to keep going to graduation, I was in her best interest for the future as well as her own. And thankfully she had supportive, loving, and successful parents to help lead her the way into parenthood.
Looking back at pictures of myself as a baby, I knew I was well loved and taken care of!
I watched my mom struggle as a single mom but somehow she always made it through and yet found the time and money to make sure I was fed, dressed to impressed, loved, and cared for! I know she had to give up so much for herself and I today I really appreciate that because I know how hard it is to be a single teen mom having to give up the luxuries in life that you once had!
My mom is the give your child tough love kind of mom. She wasn't always the lovey dovey type. More of the "wipe your knee off and get back on your bike" kind of mom!
But at certain and serious times she was the sweet and lovey dovey mom, when we needed it most!
My high school years were the hardest for her, I think! :P I wasn't the easiest teen around but yet I wasn't one of those troubled teens...I was just boy crazy and that got me into a lot of trouble, with sneaking out and partying. Hence what led to becoming pregnant at 17 years old myself, but hey..8 years later, 3 kids later...we're still as happy as ever and I'm truly proud to be high school sweethearts/teen parents! But that's beside the point...the point is, my mom NEVER gave up on me through my "tough" years...she grounded me, took my door off in my bedroom, took my cell phone away, those kinds of things..which I absolutely HATED her for it and would tell her she's the worst mom ever...but looking back, that has made me appreciate and love my mom even more! I don't think I'd be where I am today if she didn't give me all the tough love she did!
Now, to this present day...she is an amazing & young grandma to her two grand daughters and a wonderful mother to her 3 children...she has successfully raised 3 daughters herself as a single mother throughout these years and has bent over backwards for us when it came to having the latest fashions, paying & supporting us in our sporting events we were involved in, and pushing us to do our best in school & college. I'm so thankful she has pushed me to go to college and get a better education for my family.
She has taught me how to be the mom I am today and usually I would frown on having someone tell me how to raise my kids...but I know my mom has us in her best interest and I totally respect her ways in how to parent and look forward to many more years with her helping to raise, love, and be a grandma to her grand kids.
I love you mom, you have always been my role model and I'm so grateful to have someone in my life as supportive, loving, and as strict as you have been to me! :P
You have guided me far in life and I look forward to you pushing me even further!
Happy Mother's Day!!! xoxo.

No comments:
Post a Comment