I just got done reading a blog, talking about advice for parents! And the one main thing was DON'T give advice at all! That got me thinking...does it really bother people, more so new parents when you offer them advice?!
I never thought of it being annoying or rude. I admit, I am one to let a new parent know what diapers are the best, what items are just a complete waste of money to buy for a new baby, and sleep when the baby sleeps, etc!
I, myself don't mind advice at all, I mean...I guess I do when someone is telling me how to raise my children or I'm doing something wrong, THAT definitely is annoying and rude! But when you're letting a parent know the best places to shop and the must haves for kids I would think most parents would be appreciative of that!
Maybe I need to keep my mouth shout more...Ekkkk! I don't want to be "that person", the one who thinks she knows it all! :/
Because I am sooooo far from that, I have a lot of improvement to do as a parent, I fail some days, my kids are mad at me because I didn't buy them a candy bar at the store, or I'd rather give them a bath in the morning, not before bed! They let me know I'm a mean mommy some days, ha!
However, I know I am a VERY opinionated person and sometimes I voice my opinions at times when I shouldn't. It's something I really need to control and work on, ughhhh.
And I have to say there is soooo much judgement in this world, especially being a parent...all eyes are on you when you're out in public.
And breastfeeding seems to be one of the biggest judgements on whether or not you're a good mother. If you formula feed, you're lazy and a horrible parent.
If you get an epidural during labor, you're weak!
I mean, there's so much pressure to be the perfect parent!
But we need to realize every mom and dad has a different style of parenting, whether it be cultural or environment or just how you were raised..sticking to the good ole' fashioned ways! We, as mothers just need to be confident and just love our babies, raise them the best way we know how, regardless what "Parents" magazine or the "know it alls" are telling us to do and not to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment