Thursday, March 24, 2011

..HOPE.

"There is more happiness in giving than in receiving."





..I've been feeling so sympathetic lately, it's definitely my hormones! I mean, generally I'm a very compassionate person to begin with BUT every time I turn the news on I'm bawling my eyes out over all this devastation and destruction around the world. It's so depressing.

Well, of course the recent devastation of the Japan earthquake & tsunami has had me in tears, I sit on my couch just despaired. I know I can donate to the Red Cross to help them out but I want to do more! I want to go to Japan and take all the orphan kids back home with me...seriously, if I had the space and money to do so, it'd be one of my top priorities but unfortunately the most I can do is pray for the people in Japan and donate our money to help them. It just doesn't feel like enough though.

Taylor's teacher has been discussing what's going on over in Japan, everyday she's telling me new things about what's happening over there, she's so saddened and concerned about the people. Her teacher asked the class what they could do to help these people who have lost so much, so Taylor comes home and tells me she'd like to sell some of her clothes and toys to help raise money for those in Japan. She melts my heart...way too compassionate!
I am so proud of the fact that she's willing to give up her prized possessions, things she's begged for, for Christmas and birthdays, items she's bought with her allowance after having to save for months to get it.
It sure makes a mother proud to hear your 6 year old child wanting to help others, even if it means she'll be down a few toys, it's just pure generosity!

I think us American's need to do more, I realize a lot of people are strugging financially themselves but just to give $10 helps! To say a little prayer of hope to these people, it goes a long ways! And it's such an amazing feeling to know you've done a good deed!

*Taylor's class is selling cookies to help raise money...this is what she wrote at home one night all on her own! Awwwww, I'm so proud I want to frame it! :P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers