Saturday, January 16, 2010

Non Essisential baby items

..So I've been asked numerous times throughout the years what I've boughten for my kids and what I thought was just a complete waste! So I'll write a list on my personally experiences with my own children..

Bassinet- They may be conveient and easy to be able to move room to room BUT your baby will outgrow it fairly fast and then you'll have to get him/her use to sleeping in a crib..I think it's better to just start them out in the crib and save your money.

Changing table- We had bought one for Taylor when she was a baby but honestly we probably used it a total of 5x..it was just a hassle to bring her to her bedroom every time we needed to change her, I do however recommend a diaper pad..you can get one at Walmart for $20 or less and they come with washable covers.

Wipe and bottle warmers- come on! For one, if you have a fussy baby you simply can not wait that long for a bottle to warm up. And for the wipe warmers, it dries up the wipes, also do you plan to bring the warmer with you everywhere you travel...no! Just get the business done and put a diaper on her toosh, she won't hate you because you used a cold wipe! sheesh!

Diaper genie-I don't care if it holds in smells or that it has perfumed garbage bags..that's just gross and pure laziness keeping 10 diapers in a pail! Put the dirty diaper in a grocery bag, tie it up, and throw it in the garbage.

Baby monitor-Unless you live in a castle these are totally not necessary...I got a set with each baby and never used them..heck, Piper's is still brand new in the package..I should return it, it's $40 to go to something useful.

Lots of cutesy infant clothes- I admit I LOVE to buy all those cute little newborn outfits but seriously your baby may not even have time to fit into all of them..I know my kids didn't. I have tons of newborn clothes with tags still on them..I think you need about 6 newborn outfits tops..they really grow out of them FAST!! Same goes with infant shoes, and onesies. Be careful with how much you buy!



It really just depends on your baby and his/her interest...my oldest lived in her vibrating chair, but my youngest would not sit a minute in hers!

The swing has always been a lifesaver with both of my children!

I absolutely think the Bumboo seat was an excellent invention, even if it's just a big whole thing of foam! However I do suggest you not pay $40 for it brand new and try to find one in a consignment shop.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I will edit and add more as I continue to regain thought about my own personal experiences....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers