Saturday, January 16, 2010

There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.

..I posted a status on facebook a month ago stating bad news..well obviously that was dumb on my behalf..I had everyone asking what was going on and I couldn't tell ANYONE! I mean, I could..but I just felt like a failure, soooo let down, and depressed, and basically just didn't want anyone to know the news.

So, December 15th, it was a Tuesday..it was 12:21pm, I remember the time because I was watching "The Wendy Williams Show" and looked at the clock when I heard the door open..it was JJ, I just thought to myself yayyy! he's home from work early! Thinking that a machine went down because it does happen but this time it wasn't the case.
I asked him why he was home early, what machine went down?!
He said "think of the worst thing you can think of".....my heart sank, I knew immediately what that meant. He was fired. Considering that he kept pretty cool..I on the other hand bawled..went in to panic mood. What were we going to do?!
The company JJ works for is with the Union, which can be a bad or good thing, in his case it turned out to be a VERY good thing..the Union "fought" JJ's company to get his job back...he got the call on Wednesday, exactly a month later!
So we went an ENTIRE month with no income, besides his second job but that covers just enough for his cigarette's and gas money..seriously. I have noooo idea how we made it through this month, plus he was let go during the holidays, it couldn't have came at a worser time! But we made it and now things will be back to normal, well kind of! ha!
As bad as we needed him to go back to work I was REALLY hoping he wouldn't get his job back..I know that sounds shallow and selfish on my part BUT I thought this was the perfect opprutinity for us to start fresh! I wanted to move out of Minnesota, knowing it would be sooo hard being away from family but I just feel like we need to explore a little...my first thought was Maine..I've always wanted to move there! So, I started searching homes and jobs for JJ and I...I came across this BEAUTIFUL home to rent in a small town, Waldoboro, ME. I found a job for JJ..I mean, I was quite serious about this all!!! I talked it over with JJ and he said "no way!"
Fine whatever, I understand it would be a huge adjustment so then I brought up moving to the cities, there's no where in our area that pays as much as JJ's job does, he probably couldn't even find that up in the cities anywhere either for starting wage..but he didn't even want to look! I don't know why he insists on staying in this small town..all that's here is family, which is a big deal..but we're a family of our own now, it's not like we still depend on our parents!

UGH, Well now he goes back to work this Monday...I'm grateful for that, did I mention how he got his job back?! The Union guy, Joe called him on Wednesday and said "you go back to (blank) on Monday, 6am!" Basically his job really liked his work ethic and pretty much the company screwed up on the point system that JJ goes by in order to keep his job or not..it's quite confusing if you don't know the whole system..but really it was NOT JJ's fault for getting fired!

Now, I decided it's time for me to go back to work so we can be more financially stable..basically my income goes to all our luxeries! So I've put my resume in at a few places here in town..fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to JJ in this situation as you were talking about moving out of state and starting your own life/family now. Danny has been wanting me to move for months now! And it's only gotten worse since his mom became ill and we had to go down to be with her. She was relocated to a hospital in Nashville, TN. I had never been there before and upon the awful circumstances, I have to say I was quite excited about it. Our time spent there was short, but the time we did get there I treasured! I instantly fell head over heels in love with the place. It's anything and everything a city+country girl could ever ask for! At the thought of it all, my mind started going a million miles an hour. How fun it would be to move somewhere new and start all over. To have Danny be able to have so many opportunties for jobs at big leauge hospitals. He's been wanting that for soo long! There is nothing in Minnesota that really has any great poetiential. As we left to come back home we lightly discussed the option. I knew that I was probably making a BIG mistake by opening my mouth. I knew that he would take it to heart and want to move the next day! (Which he litterally did). As much as I loved the place, I started to think about how much I would miss my family. I know I don't have a whole lot of family .. but the main important one's in my life mean the world to me! Yes, I may not rely on them or need them much. But to know that they are not too far away to visit makes me feel at ease. I also think about Kiarah and any future kids of ours for that matter. I struggle the most with thinking about the kids growing up so far away from family! Danny agrees with you in the sense that we have our own family now, and it's time to make our own life. I understand, but it's very hard for me to think about being so far away from everyone. It's such a hard decision to make, and I hope that one day I can get the guts up to just move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..There's always going to be positive and negative with whatever you choose. As much as I want to move away I fear I will get homesick and we won't be able to pick up and move back, it's just not that simple. Plus Minnesota is actually one of the best states to live in when it comes to jobs, schooling, and healthcare. There's soooo many options here for us. So I guess my wanting to move to Maine will just have to turn into our vacation spot and only that. But good luck to you guys and whatever it is that you guys need to do! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Love will keep us together

Followers