
There has been a lot of controversy going on in our small town about the new Adult Boutique that has recently opened for business. I don't think most people were aware that this shop was coming to town...it was just a huge surprise when we saw the three, yes THREE huge signs for this Adult Boutique, The Lion's Den.
My opinion and thoughts on this...I am pro Lion's Den BUT I do have a concern like a lot of citizens in this town. I think the placement of the sign(that you see above in the picture, which is just one of the three signs)it's placed right in front of the Owatonna Family Restaurant and that is quite disturbing for people, especially the owners of the restaurant. I too would be mad if they placed their sign right below where my sign is to go. It also brings in some confusion..it almost looks as if the adult store has taken over the restaurant because of the sign.
There are people going around town in groups on both different sides of this debate with petitions...if they came to my door I would of course sign the petition to keep this boutique around because I really do think it's a good business to have, not because I am some sex freak or pervert, LOL...but it does offer a few jobs in our community.
I'm guessing the majority of people touring this store are young adults, ranging from 18-30 years old. And it's those who are older and the Bible roller's who are against this. They think it's evil. Which I just find funny..it's all related to sex, the way we were all brought to earth and honestly adding a few toys in the bedroom can better your marriage, having a good sex life is key and quite frankly after being with someone for 10+ years wouldn't you be interested in adding some spunk to the bedroom?! Maybe not. But if you have a problem with an adult store, which really is not that icky of a place considering the places I've seen around bigger cities, since our town is small the Lion's Den is not able to carry a lot of adult stuff, so some of the stuff in there is memorabilia stuff..Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and Vikings stuff.
This whole situation was totally thrown out of proportion all in thanks to the owner of McDonald's, pretty much. Mr. Big Wig..aka Mr. Eiseman currently owns 5 McDonald's in our area, so he's doing pretty well. But apparently he thinks this adult store is going to hurt his business, ummmm...hello! Pretty sure you'll still serve your million hamburgers a day, unfortunately your company has made Americans addicted, addicted to something that's going to kill them. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in America. He thinks this sex store is going to cause sexual additions...being addicted to sex is wayyyy more healthier for the body then eating a Big Mac and fries.
He really didn't need to stick his nose into this business and I hope the council throws the books at him and tells him to suck it up because this boutique needs to stay put, I think they deserve a fair chance as a business..they are offering jobs for our community. I am sooo sick of seeing this debate in the paper everyday..just deal with it. It's here to stay.


No comments:
Post a Comment