Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Immitation is weak. Be yourself.

"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Do you believe that?! I'm not sure I do. I hate to be copied, ABSOLUTELY hate it!
It's my biggest pet peeve and annoyance! Stupid, I know...but we all have our issues and problems with the world.

I've felt like this since I was little. I mean I remember my mom friends copying her whether it was buying the clothes my mom had or decorating or painting the same wall color as my moms..I got sooo annoyed and frustrated with my moms friends and I would actually ask my mom if it bothered her, because if it didn't I wanted to stand up for her and tell her friends to STOP! It made me soooo upset. I always looked up to my mom, she is unique, I liked the way she did things different from all the other moms...my mom was cool, she was a very young mom. And I hated how someone tried to be like her. Weird, yeah I know..like really weird! LOL.

ANYWAYS, so that annoyance has stuck around and has really developed. Ughhhhh, I wish I didn't have this "problem." I wish that I could take it as a compliment when someone admires something I have or do and wants to do it too but I can't! It drives me crazy, I like to be different. I strive to be different, I try very hard at it. I like my creativity and how I'm able to put things together and think things up that a lot of people can't. And then..when they do the same thing I just did...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I get sooooo peeved, I try to control myself and not blurt out how pissed off I am that they would follow me and do the same thing but it's hard to contain. I guess it'd be different if they gave me credit for MY ideas but it's almost like they try to keep it secretive in hopes that I'll never find out.

I know most of you reading are like "Are you serious?" LOL...but yes, this whole imitating thing is really getting to me, to the point where I don't even want to discuss my life with others because I don't want them snatching my ideas.
I've really made some of my friends upset because I've kind of told them off and questioned why they need to copy but am I wrong for doing that?!
I mean, seriously...does everyone copy everyone? Is it normal?! Am I just messed up and have this huge problem that I need help for?! hahaha...I mean I can make a big list of friends and things they have really copied me in, like things that are wayyy too obvious.

Okay, another thing I want to get across to my readers...I know I am nothing special, not everyone wants my ideas, and yes sometimes I copy too, but petty things but this is something that's been bothering me and this is MY online journal and I am going to write and vent what I want, like I say..if you don't agree with my opinionated self and don't care to hear about me whining..then get the F off my blog! Seriously. Thanks.

I don't mean to offend anyone, really I don't, I hate to sound so harsh as I have in this post but seriously people...lay off of me and my ideas when it comes to buying the same furniture I have, buying the same make, model, and color of vehicle I have, don't be a Rag doll for Halloween the year after I did, don't take my baby names, don't do your daughter's room with the same decor I did for my daughter, I don't want to see that you just got the same EXACT tattoo I have....I mean, really?! Seriously?! How low do you have to go?! Does it make you feel better?! Sorry, enough with this...I really just needed to vent, please don't judge me in thinking I am this horrible bitch of a person who thinks everyone wants to be like me...because I know it's wayyyy totally far from that...but please just think before you go and take some one's ideas. Be yourself. Imitation is weak. Confidence and uniqueness is beautiful.

I love you all, really I do. I just have this obnoxious annoyance. Please forgive me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers