Friday, March 5, 2010

Guess who Taylor got to meet today..

Adam Young!-Singer from Owl City.


..I wish I knew he was coming to her school today, that's probably why they kept it a surprise, they didn't want parents like me coming to the school to join in, taking pictures and being one of those fanatics! LOL
Well, I am only a fanatic because he is from and lives in our small town, which I think is so neat to have a celebrity living around here! I mean, who wouldn't!

Funny story, I actually ran into him at Walmart a couple months ago. I was there around midnight, just myself..I think I had to get some Tylenol or something for Piper, it was one of those late night emergency runs! So, I'm pretty much jogging down the aisle to get to the check out to get home quick..and as I am passing by the freezer section, I see him..there he was, Adam Young..putting a frozen pizza in his basket...OMG! I froze, million things were running in my mind. Do I introduce myself and get an autograph..? No! He's just a small town guy that has a few songs on the radio..don't make a fool of yourself...just hurry up and check out. So I did just that, I got out to my car and then started feeling regret..ughhh I had the chance to meet a celeb, even though he was not one of those strolling down on Rodeo Drive, he was still a famous person! So, I sat in my car for a couple minutes, I just wanted to see him walk out and know what vehicle was his..I was looking in the parking lot for a Porshe or something! LMAO.
Well..it was a couple minutes and no sign of him leaving the store...I had to get home...oh well, I'm sure I will see him around town again and if I do, I will not think twice about getting his autograph!

Whoops, so back to the story with Taylor! She came running in the door today from school, hysterical...seriously, I have never seen her like that!
She says "dad, guess what 23 year old singer guy came to my school today?" LOL..she didn't give us anytime to guess..she bursts out "ADAM YOUNG! The fireflies song." She knew who he was before today, she loves that song of his, actually both of my girls do, it's pretty much a lullaby for Piper.

So I asked her well did you get to meet him and talk to him and she said "I only got to give him a high five." She was bummed as she said that. Only my child would be as big of a celebrity guru as her mama! :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers