Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not taking things personally.



..This blog is being strictly for me to vent but feel free to keep reading! ;)
It all started this morning, well last night to be exact. Piper just did not want to go to sleep so we got a couple hours of sleep and I then had to get up at 6:30am to get Taylor ready and off to school. After walking her to the bus stop I came back inside and asked Piper if she wanted to go back to bed, of course there was so much for her to do and play with, she wasn't going to go back to bed, are you nuts mama!

Well finally we layed downstairs on the couch, and we both fell asleep. I woke up around 11am, went to grab my phone because that's the first thing I do when I awake is check my emails, messages, and missed calls. When I finally found it in the couch cushion I seen I had about 12 missed calls and texts messages. Good Lord, what is going, I panicked b/c those missed calls were from my mom and grandma.
I immediately call my mom and ask her what is going on!! She then snaps back at me with "what are you doing, sleeping?" Taylor's nurse has been calling grandma and I. She threw up earlier at school...ughhhhhhh. LOVELY. I asked my mom "well, can you pick her up?" If she could have she already would have when the nurse first called her but she was out in the country roads delivering mail on her route. My grandparents are down in Texas for the winter, JJ's dad works out of state, his mom had the day off but was not answering the house phone and her cell was off. I tried calling his brother but he must have been sleeping from working the night shift.

I then start scrolling down in my address book to see if there was anyone else who could pick Taylor up for me..we have 3 vehicles but go figure 2 of them are not safely drive able at the moment. I ended up calling about 6 friends, all in which were busy or were at work. Fricken A!!
So, I called the nurse and said I am sooo sorry, I am trying to find someone to pick Taylor up, I don't have a vehicle at the moment and for some reason I am finding it impossible for someone to come and get her right away, I asked how she was doing, how much she threw up, did she have a temp? I don't even think the nurse answered my questions, she snapped at me saying I needed to give her a list of contacts that are actually reachable, yada yada yada...I realize my daughter is sick and I don't want her at school any longer then she has to be for her sake and for the other children's sake...but jeeezzzz lady do NOT bitch at me because my family is out of state or has a job and can not just up and leave..I would eventually find her a ride of course I want my sick child home with her mommy so I can give her the love and care she needs, and I especially didn't want her in your care, raising your voice with me while my child is present in your care. I admit I have not gotten yelled at or told "no" much in my life and what this lady did to me was hard, I bawled, she made me feel like a horrible parent. I was soooo upset, I just wanted Taylor home with me and as silly as it is I couldn't get her home to me, I am her mother I should be able to make that happen!

Anyways, I don't even know if my story made any sense, ha..but it was a hard day for me, I am still upset about how the nurse went about and made me feel like a horrible mother...but with some reassurance from others I know I am a wonderful mommy, it is the one thing I know I am good at but I do have my flaws! Okay, I know I am probably just whining and being a brat about this..I was an emotional wreck today, I really was! ha! Well JJ felt pity for me and is bringing the girls and I shopping tomorrow to add to our spring wardrobe! I am so thankful for him, he does whatever he can in his power to make sure the girls and I are happy and not hurting emotionally and physically!

Sorry for the long, boring, and rambling post...goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers