Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Conferring with Taylor!



"All I ever needed to know, I learned in kindergarten."


Today we had Taylor's conferences, for kindergarten. I must say she couldn't have a nicer teacher, I just adore the lady to pieces! Mrs. Wahl..that was JJ's kindergarten teacher too..I think that's super neat! :o)

So..we sit down, Mrs. Wahl hands us a folder with a bunch of Taylor's worksheets, coloring, projects, etc.
We go over them...I am impressed! Her coloring is so nicely done, her cutting is perfect, just about every worksheet she has done has been a perfect 100%!
I know she's my child and I am obviously going to talk her up and be super proud of her BUT really..she is doing a fantastic job in school!
Mrs. Wahl just kept complimenting on how Taylor is such a wonderful student to have in her class! She complimented that Taylor always has such pretty painted/designed fingernails, and cute little outfits!(DUHHHHH! Both her mom and dad got the "best dressed" award in high school!) That makes me feel like I've done my job as a mother. It's a real good feeling knowing that I give my children the attention, love, and obedience that they need.

Looking over her 2 page report card it is loaded with stars, which means a perfect score..there are very few things that she is still developing at.."D" means developing..still learning.
There's somethings she exceeds in...Letter naming/sounds fluency: the goal was to get 8 and she got 71! WOW!
I could continue to "brag" but I think you get the point..I have a very blessed child! :)
Mrs. Wahl said overall Taylor ranks 2ND in her class...FANTASTIC!!!

So..the BAD..my kid is far from perfect ya know! Mrs. Wahl said Taylor does have a little bit of a problem talking in class too much and not always focusing on her work/tasks and needs to be reinforced seldom. She's just like her mama...Miss Social lite! ;)


Here's a survey done by Taylor:

1. Do you like school? yes
2. What is your favorite part of the school day? lunch
3. What is your least favorite part of the school day? Literacy Centers
4. What are you best at in school? running in gym
5. What is hard for you to do in school? numbers
6. Who do you like to play with in kindergarten? Hayleigh and Caia.

**So of course we had to reward her with her accomplisments so we let her pick out a couple books from the book fair at school and took her out to supper at her choice to any restaurant..all things and she picks Perkins!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers