Sunday, February 21, 2010

Salmon patties.

..My family is extremely picky when it comes to what they eat...well just Taylor and daddy. Piper and I will eat just about anything! ha!
So, a couple years ago I first tried these salmon patties and they were a major hit..one of their favs. so I tend to make these about once or twice a month.
Which is nice to get some omega 3 in their diet! :P

Here's what you'll need..

First off let me start by saying, I kind of just made these ingredients up myself, just a bit and I don't measure anything! So I will try my best to give approximate measurements!

*canned Salmon(1 can makes us about 6 patties)
*saltine crackers(about a whole sleeve of crackers, finely crushed
*eggs(2-3, whatever your preference....sometimes I use 2, sometimes 3!)
*mustard(ummm..maybe like 2tbs.)
*garlic(I use 2 cloves, that's because garlic is like my favorite vegetable!) :P
*dried onion(you could use regular onion(yellow) but I like Tone's dried onion for a fish dish)
*salt & pepper (for taste)

-Mix all the ingredients together and make patties out of them, like you would to make hamburgers.


-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-Heat up a frying pan with oil or butter, whatever your preference.

-Place patties in pan and brown for a couple minutes, until they get a golden brown color, and little outer crunch to them.



-Then place them in the oven on a cookie sheet and bake in there for 20-30 mins.

I made homemade mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, and sweet peas with the salmon patties for supper tonight. MMMmm..all such a fav. around here!

...seriously..they sat in the kitchen the whole time as I was making supper..it really is their fav! They were like little puppies, begging for food! :o)


And I would like to give a special thanks to my photographer, Taylor...for helping mama in the kithchen! XOXO.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love will keep us together

Followers